Monday, December 01, 2008

300 Million Children

Our family just returned from two weeks in India. Given the choice to live anywhere outside the USA, India still remains one of my favorite places. My first trip there was in 1992 and each time I return my heart grows more fond of the sites, sounds and diversity of that great land. Though much has changed one thing remains the same...

India is filled with children who need love, hope and a future. 300 million children. I keep thinking of Jesus' words, "let the little children come to me" and asking the question, WHAT can we do to make an eternal difference there? For starters our family went to see and learn. We spent time at a feeding center, an HIV/AIDS home and a hospital to minister to those in need.

Long-term? We are working on providing tools for families to grow their families on a solid spiritual foundation. It's a start.

No comments: